4/05/2018

ever green

[ content warning: self harm, ED, anxiety ]

anxiety attacks
it eats itself
because where It begins and I begin are impossible to delineate
i have intrusive thoughts, yes
but can any one hop into my head and point to the bits that aren't "me"?
it's all a big soup, inside my own skull, outside it, inside and out of my guts
this extends to all space and time: it's an infinite soup without edges
different temperature and taste for every one

i am experiencing an anxiety attack right now and realize my writing isn't good,
i'm also listening to julien baker's new album because it makes me cry and feel less alone
i haven't done this in quite awhile but to cope with the nervousness and impossible dread
i made some cuts into my arms and legs with a razor blade
the blade was manufactured with the intent for it to be part a foot scraper
that scrapes the calloused skin off your feet

i genuinely love how the cuts look, so red and drippy
i don't feel the need the draw a line between these forms that take shape on my skin, revealing what's inside me, 
and drawing in my sketch book

i am proud of myself because i chose to eat dinner, when i was scared to 
because i have been told an indefinable number of times that people like me shouldn't eat
that being small is better
being weak is precious
being frail is noble
not eating is simply an exercise in will power and strength, which are virtues
of course i know this is all lies and bullshit

but i believe it, because capitalism and patriarchy have hurt my brain
and indirectly - or directly? - have hurt my body. 
where does a body end and a person begin? 

i think i may have a bath and watch an ingmar bergman film because everything else seems quite pointless and sad 

i have been doing so well lately, or feel not depressed anyways
this is not the case today. 

and i remain here, alone. because i believe it's impossible to truly connect with any thing/ one else.
this life is a miracle, but it appears to be without a real purpose. 
i do not know what i am supposed to do in these moments- and death does seem like a meaningful return home, while this limbo in this body is an unwanted and very uncomfortable challenge in horror and confusion and pain 

are there actual bones in me? i feel like digging into my skin and muscle until i find them so i can tear them out and look at the details in them- those air holes i have seen in the bones of other mammals- what are they for? where did they come from? 

i feel like a mouse frantically chewing off its own tail and squealing manically ---
there is a strange catharsis in this state, like i know i can face anything because this is already a forced practice in sitting in my own fear
this is what i am in constant worry about having to embody 

i realized the other morning that almost nothing i do is really about pleasure or joy, it's about coping, compromising, and finding - hopefully, at best - safety and comfort and understanding in this inexplicable place. 

we are dumped here and no one lets us in on what is going on 

No comments:

Post a Comment